In 2012 our previous chairperson (Dr Konje) established a 5-year development plan. This
statement updates previous plans taking into consideration that we are currently in the middle
of a Pandemic.
CamDocUK was born on the 1st of March 2008, with the aim to improve the health of the
community. For this, the association will seek:
- To promote and preserve good health for the public benefit in particular but not
exclusively by the development of good healthcare in Cameroon
- To promote and preserve the health and wellbeing of the general public in particular
but not limited to Cameroonians living in the UK.
In pursuant of its aims, CamDocUK shall work to deliver the following objects, among
others. This shall be, where necessary, in collaboration with the CMC (Cameroon Medical
Council). A dedicated International Developments Sub-Committee exists at CamDocUK.
We also have existing MOUs with MMPF, BAPIO, HERO Cameroon and some universities
in Cameroon. (see below)
Due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, most of these will be happening in virtual mode
for the foreseeable future.
- Establishing a link up with our sister organisations in Europe and the US. Consider joint conferences perhaps during which we can liaise with medics in Cameroon.
- Health education meetings – these are ongoing in the form of monthly webinars started in June 2020.
2. EDUCATION – CAMEROON-FOCUSED
This will focus on the delivery of support to the medical schools in Cameroon. We currently have MOUs with the University of Dschang , Universite des Montagnes and the University of Buea.
- Plans to do this online/virtually due to COVID-19
- Establishing MOUs with other universities, orchestrated through our dedicated
- International Developments sub-committee.
- Provision of education material human resources to various universities/teaching hospitals
- Invitations to our recently created journal club
3. PPE Project
Ongoing project with first phase rolled out, this aims to support healthcare workers and the wider public with personal protective equipment. We are anticipating that we would need to undertake a second phase.
4. PUBLIC HEALTH CAMPAIGNS/DELIVERY OF SERVICES
Due to the on-going COVID-19 pandemic, more of this will have to be virtual for the foreseeable future. We have had successful campaigns so far with our educational videos and webinars.
- Liaising with Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) – may be possibility of a medical mission for COVID-19
- Continuing the on-going and very successful monthly webinars
- Continue release of our increasingly popular educational videos
- After COVID-19 restrictions lifted, liaising with our sister organisations across Europe and the USA to deliver public health campaigns.
The organisation has come a long way in terms of visibility. We are more visible due to our recent fundraising appeal, webinars, interviews on CRTV, Equinoxe TV & Afrique Today TV.
- Our PPE project will be aired on CRTV in the upcoming weeks. We should continue to foster such contact which will allow us to publicise our activities in Cameroon and raise awareness.
- We should continue to keep website up to date and attractive for non-members wishing to know about us. Several potential donors to our cause will inevitably visit our website to learn more about the organisation;
- Linking up with other organisations in the UK – strengthening relationships with Cameroonian Social/Professional organisations in the UK and actively fostering these relationships
To enable the delivery of its objects, we will seek to secure adequate funding. A recent budget document has highlighted that we cannot rely solely on AGM and members contributions. We will look, actively, at other areas of getting funds. We will learn from our recent successful fundraising for PPE for Cameroon.
To this end we have:
- Recently created a fund-raising committee – whose role would be to find sponsors for events such as our webinars and AGM.
- Procured the services of an accountant to maximise the returns we can get as a charity for example – gift aid.
7. LEGAL / LIABILITY PROTECTION
CamDocUK overall activities have increased substantively from her infant years. This year 2020, the COVID-19 pandemic led to a major scale-up of CamDocUK fundraising capacity, a forage into international procurement, forging business partnerships, major media activities.
CamDocUK has largely succeeded thus proving her resourcefulness.
Nonetheless it also means she is also more exposed to legal and financial risks which she needs to mitigate and protect herself against by:
- Seeking Legal, Financial and Accounting advice on the best statutory setup that would protect and/or limit liability CamDocUK and Executive. An example is setting up as Charitable Incorporated Organisation (CIO).
- Seek the most appropriate Civil Liability Insurance cover for our needs
This plan shall be tracked for progress and review through dedicated bi-annual strategic review meetings by the Executive.
The Metrology shall then ascertain the need for any revision. Only exceptional circumstances or a “Force majeure” shall cause any substantive amendment of or deviation from this strategic plan, and by the Executive.
The AGM shall be updated with progress.
Dr Linda Bello
September 21st 2020
Review date – September 2025