Rollover Annual Charity Projects
- Basic needs assessment by CamDocUK members from visits & reports on General Hospitals (twinned Regions e.g. one north, one South)
- Hospital Staff educational update and training on common emergencies
- Shipment of NHS- discarded/usable items for in country use (e.g. beds, scanners, surgical equipment, angle poise lamps).
- Shipment of books journals, monographs to Hospital and Medical libraries
- Subscription to training websites
CamDocUK members collected and donated journals from the UK and forwarded them to the medical library of the University of Buea. Over 400 book titles and journals were dispatched. CamDocUK has had the privilege of providing examiners for the first final exams of the University of Buea medical school. Professor Konje (Obstetrics & Gynaecology) and Dr Ngatchu (Gastroenterology) represented CamDocUK at the exams. They authored a report on the conduct of the exam which was shared with the medical school. CamDocUK members have also provided tutorials and lectures to medical students while in Cameroon.
CamDocUK has over the last year undertaken to provide uptodate lectures in all the clinical specialties for use by the lecturers and students of the University. This work is nearing completion. CamDocUK has just recently made a shipment of medical supplies including anaesthetic & surgical gear to be delivered to hospitals in Cameroon.
In the UK, CamDocUK members have participated in community festivals providing medical advice and basic health screening. The association has also taken part in various seminars and health debates on malaria. At our annual general meetings talks with a major public health impact have also been delivered.